Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2017, 07:25:03 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: For ordering/billing/shipping/refund help, please contact sales@cookbookpeople.com. (This email is for non-tech support questions only.)

+  CBP Forum 2.0
|-+  Making Family Cookbooks
| |-+  Cookbook Organizing and Printing
| | |-+  Page Numbering
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Page Numbering  (Read 4051 times)
Rideauview
Cookbook Rookie

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2011, 02:57:42 PM »

Hello, my cook book is almost ready to go to press, the editing has been horendous because I am a very poor typist.!!! but it is looking good.

Before I completely mess everything up, here is my problem. I managed to number the recipe section of the book with the PDFill PDF.  Now I can't find out how to add numbers to the rest of the sections. I think I have to un-number them, make the whole book first into a merged PDF file and then number them as one book, correct? So, my question is, how do I get rid of the numbers, I don't want to upset the whole thing!

I just had a 'light bulb' moment, if I just save it as a new file instead of overwriting it - it should work, right?

Matilda
Administrator | Cookbook People Staff

Customer Liaison/Granny Guru

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 04:35:57 PM »

Hello there,

Can I just tell you what I do? I just put each PDF section in order, Front cover Recipe, Biographies, Addresses, Back cover, press the save as button ans leave it at that. That way I get the index pages say, 1 -5 and then the recipes 1 - whatever.

If you want something different to that, index 1-5 recipes 6- whatever, let me know and I'll try and work out how to do this for you, or ask someone who might know.

I know this may sound very unprofessional but I've quite honestly never made things any more difficult for me than they already are!

Kind regards
Matilda

The Original Granny Guru. If you have billing/shipping/refund questions, please contact sales@cookbookpeople.com. Otherwise, Ruth and I are here to help on this board! We respond to all posts within one business day (although it may take me longer to answer some questions completely.)
SSingleton
Cookbook Rookie

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 09:10:11 AM »

This last post was in 2011.  It is now 2015 and I was wondering if you had ever found a solution for the page numbering problem.  I have had my Matilda now for several years and my daughter got me a new cookbook binder for Christmas.  So I was going to add all the recipes that I didn't have in my earlier cookbook but the page numbering will start all over with page 1 again. So is there a way to do away with the page numbering and leave them blank? 
Matilda

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 09:22:26 AM »

Hello there,

There is no option for turning off the page numbering I'm afraid.

Kind regards
Matilda

The Original Granny Guru. If you have billing/shipping/refund questions, please contact sales@cookbookpeople.com. Otherwise, Ruth and I are here to help on this board! We respond to all posts within one business day (although it may take me longer to answer some questions completely.)
swannce
Cookbook Rookie

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 01:16:22 PM »

I know you state that there is no option to turn off page numbering but it is really needed.  Every time I print a new recipe with a new template the page numbering starts over...very confusing.  Unless there is a workaround that I don't know of.
Matilda

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 11:48:22 AM »

Hello there,

The page numbers work sequentially if you print out the whole book in one fell swoop. Printing out one page at a time and the program thinks that ever page is the beginning of the book.
Kind regards
Matilda

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length